Wir suchen Sie! Lust zu Promovieren?
We are looking for a Research Assistant (m/f/d) starting January 1, 2024 (salary: E 13 TV-L).
We offer a 3-year temporary position (75%, working hours: 29 hours 52 minutes).
The position includes a teaching load, which corresponds to 3 hours per week during a semester.
About the Chair of Value-Based Marketing
Our research focuses on how firms can create value to their customers and ultimately value to the firm, and we are interested in the role of technology to enhance customer experiences. Recently, we have started research projects that aim to demonstrate the role of marketing for a livable future. We have a strong quantitative focus and thus aim to demonstrate marketing’s impact on the financial success of firms. Learn more about our current research projects.
To ensure the high quality of our research, we continuously discuss our research projects internally and present our work at conferences to receive feedback. We further collaborate with researchers outside the University of Münster to leverage areas of expertise.
What can you expect?
- The position involves the possibility to pursue a doctorate of the German degree of ‘Dr. rer. pol.’.
- You participate in the school’s doctoral studies program to enhance your knowledge.
- You are going to work on research projects related to sustainability and marketing performance measurement.
- We motivate you to present your research at international conferences, and ideally publish your work in renowned academic journals.
- We provide you the opportunity to spend 50% of your working hours on research.
- You contribute to our teaching activities by, for example, supervising Bachelor and Master thesis.
- You will be responsible for administrative tasks.
What do we expect?
- You have earned or will soon earn an above-average Master of Science degree (or comparable) in business administration, economics or a related field.
- You have a very good understanding of statistical data analysis/econometrics.
- You are passionate about sustainability and marketing performance measurement.
- You have very good analytical skills and creative thinking.
- Working empirically means fun to you. You are open to new things and always want to challenge yourself.
- You have very good German and English language skills.
- You work independently, organized and structured.
- You are motivated, flexible and enjoy working in a team.
- Appreciation, commitment, openness and respect – these values are important to us.
- You will work in a motivated team that wants to make a difference.
- We promote the personal development of our employees through training opportunities.
- We offer a professional, ambitious and family-friendly environment.
- The university offers sports and health activities to ensure your work-life balance.
- You benefit from numerous public service benefits.
Have we aroused your interest? Then apply by October 31, 2023!
Please send your application in digital form to apl. Prof. Dr. Sonja Gensler (firstname.lastname@example.org) by October 31, 2023 at the latest.
Please include a short statement what research topics you are passionate about, and also indicate your desired starting date.
The University of Münster strongly supports equal opportunity and diversity. We welcome all applicants regardless of sex, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion or worldview, disability, age, sexual orientation or gender identity. We are committed to creating family-friendly working conditions.
We actively encourage applications by women. Women with equivalent qualifications and academic achievements will be preferentially considered unless these are outweighed by reasons which necessitate the selection of another candidate.
The University of Münster has set itself the goal of employing more people with disabilities. In the case of equal qualifications, applicants with recognized severe disabilities will be given preference.
apl. Prof. Dr. Sonja Gensler
University of Münster | School of Business and Economics
Chair of Value-Based Marketing | Marketing Center Münster
Am Stadtgraben 13-15 | 48143 Münster