Courses for students minoring in Marketing focus on various facets of market-oriented Management and are based on a two-stage approach. Students who minor in Marketing are trained both as specialists (Marketing executives) and as up-and-coming all-rounders (general executives). Theoretical and practical aspects of Marketing are considered from a different angle in each of the institutes that offer courses in this subject. Thus, for instance, there are courses in customer relationship management (CRM), Marketing analytics, sustainability, sales management, media Marketing, digital, and value-based Marketing.
The uniqueness of Marketing as it is taught at the University of Münster is mirrored in
- the importance accorded to quantitative studies
- the high degree of interaction between lecturers and students
- the program's distinct practical bent (the use of case studies and lectures given by high-ranking business people)
General Course Sequence
Students minoring in Marketing need 24 ECTS in addition to their Major studies. If you want to minor (NOT major) in Marketing, your general course sequence will look like this:
- Compulsory Course: Marketing Strategy (12 ECTS)
- Two of the courses on offer for students minoring in Marketing (2 x 6 ECTS)
- Note: 'Market-Oriented Leadership’ and ‘Applications of Market-Oriented Leadership’ are barred from the selection
The following diagram represents the course sequence in broad outline:
An Overview of the Courses on Offer
The following diagram provides an overview of the courses on offer for students minoring in Marketing. Unforeseeable circumstances may necessitate changes (effective: August 25, 2021).
Detailed information about the content of individual lectures can be found in the module guide for the master's degree program.
If you have any questions about the content of the courses on offer for students majoring or minoring in Marketing, you should contact the coordinator of the master's degree program.
- (X) = Courses generally extend over the first and second term of a semester. Please check the respective course sites for exact schedules.