Entertainment Media Marketing (WiSe 2023/24)
|Monday||08:00- 12:00||weekly||09.10.2023- 20.11.2023||Juridicum, JUR 490|
|Wednesday||16:00- 20:00||weekly||11.10.2023- 22.11.2023||Schloss, S 9|
Note that this module consists of a lecture (Wednesday) and a complementary tutorial (Monday) and takes place in the first term of the winter semester.
The lecture will take place on Wednesdays in room Schloss – S 9.
The tutorial will take place on Mondays in room Juridicum – JUR 490.
The first tutorial takes place in the week after the first lecture.
Course grade: Group work (33%) | Final exam (90 min) (67%)
Please register at the examination office for the early examination period.
Credit points: 6 ECTS (BWL PO 2010)
During the course, please communicate and stay updated via the course page on Learnweb. Announcements, lecture slides and any additional material will be published there.
The password for all materials will be announced in the first lecture.
The module Entertainment Media Marketing deals with the particularities of Entertainment Media products, which are mainly consumed for hedonic benefits. In the module, we take both the consumers’ and the managers’ perspective by focusing on aspects such as hedonic consumption, branding, and communication.
Topics treated in the module:
- The role of emotions, imagery, and multisensory cues
- Factors influencing the success of hedonic media products
- The importance of brands for entertainment media product success
- The role of communication and information in hedonic media marketing: Cascades, Word of Mouth, and Third-Party Information
The aim of this module is that students understand the theoretical and practical implications of managing entertainment media products and are able to steer marketing activities accordingly.
- Univ.-Prof. Dr. Thorsten Hennig-Thurau (responsible)
- Dr. Ronny Behrens (responsible)
- Alina Marie Herting (accompanying)