Brand Management (SS 2021)
|Monday||14:00- 18:00||weekly||31.05.2021- 21.06.2021||Juridicum, JUR 2|
|Tuesday||14:00- 18:00||weekly||01.06.2021- 22.06.2021||Juridicum, JUR 2|
|Wednesday||14:00- 18:00||weekly||02.06.2021- 21.07.2021|
Note that this lecture will presumably take place digitally via ZOOM.
Contact person: David Jütte M.Sc.
This course takes place in the first half of the second term of the summer semester. It consists of a lecture (Monday and Tuesday) and a tutorial (Wednesday).
Prior to the first Lecture we will provide additional information for the course via the Learnweb. For more information about the video conferencing software zoom, please visit http://go.wwu.de/zoom.
The dates for the tutorial will be announced in the first lecture.
Course grade: Final exam (90 min) (100%)
Study Work: presentation + written assignment (needs to be passed)
Please register at the examination office for the regular examination period.
Credit points: 6 ECTS (BWL PO 2010)
During the course, please communicate and stay updated via the course page on Learnweb. Announcements, lecture slides and any additional material will be published there.
The password for all materials will be announced in the first lecture.
The module Brand Management gives insights into strategies and recently developed concepts in the context of brand management. Strategic and operational implications for brand management are discussed.
Topics treated in the module:
- Introduction to the fundamental terms and concepts of brand management (e.g., brand awareness, brand image, and brand engagement)
- Conceptualization and measurement of brand equity
- Importance of brands for companies and consumers, taking brand relationships into account
- Strategic options regarding the brand architecture
- Means of brand management in a digital brand environment
- The role of brand elements (e.g., name, logo, and packaging)
The aim of this module is that students are able to deal with brand management and its characteristics on a strategic and operational level.
- Dr. Ann-Kristin Kupfer (responsible)
- Univ.-Prof. Dr. Thorsten Hennig-Thurau (responsible)
- David Jütte (accompanying)