Media Marketing (WS 2020/21)
|Monday||08:00- 12:00||weekly||02.11.2020- 07.12.2020||Juridicum, JUR 490|
|Wednesday||16:00- 20:00||weekly||04.11.2020- 09.12.2020||Schloss, S 2|
Contact person: Ronny Behrens, M.Sc.
This course takes place in the first term of the winter semester. It consists of a lecture (Wednesday) and a tutorial (Monday).
The dates for the tutorial will be announced in the first lecture. The first tutorial takes place in the week after the first lecture.
Course grade: Final exam (90 min) (100%)
Compulsory assignment: Group work (presentation and written work)
Please register at the examination office for the early examination period.
Credit points: 6 ECTS (BWL PO 2010)
During the course, please communicate and stay updated via the course page on Learnweb. Announcements, lecture slides and any additional material will be published there.
The password for all materials will be announced in the first lecture.
The module Media Marketing deals with the specifics of media markets and the characteristics of the production and consumption of media products. Further, it discusses the economic and strategic marketing implications for value creation in media markets.
- Key characteristics of media products
- Typical structures of media markets (e.g. motion pictures industry, music industry, games industry, publishing industry)
- Distinguishing features of media markets (e.g. network effects)
- Characteristics of the production and consumption of media products (e.g. the role of creativity and culture)
- Fundamental marketing strategies for marketing of media products
- Typical revenue models in media markets
- Specific marketing challenges for marketing of media products (e.g. multichannel distribution and piracy)
- Risk management in the media industry
The aim of this module is that students understand the characteristics of media products and markets and are able to manage marketing activities accordingly.
- Univ.-Prof. Dr. Thorsten Hennig-Thurau (responsible)
- Ronny Behrens (accompanying)