Brand Management (SoSe 2023)
|Monday||14:00- 18:00||weekly||22.05.2023- 10.07.2023||Juridicum, JUR 2|
|Tuesday||14:00- 18:00||weekly||23.05.2023- 11.07.2023||Juridicum, JUR 2|
|Wednesday||14:00- 18:00||weekly||24.05.2023- 12.07.2023||Fürstenberghaus, F4|
Note that the lecture will take place in-class and the tutorial will be held via ZOOM.
Additionally we will provide you with audio recordings of this semesters lecture and this semesters slide decks via LearnWeb.
Contact person: Philo Freiboth, M.Sc.
This course takes place in the second term of the summer semester. It consists of a lecture (Tuesday in JUR 2) and a tutorial (Wednesday via ZOOM).
The dates for the tutorial will be announced in the first lecture.
Note: The lecture and tutorial start at 2:00p.m. sharp (not 2.15 p.m.)
Course grade: Final exam (90 min) (100%)
Study Work: presentation + written assignment (needs to be passed)
Please register at the examination office for the regular examination period.
Credit points: 6 ECTS (BWL PO 2010)
During the course, please communicate and stay updated via the course page on Learnweb. Announcements, lecture slides and any additional material will be published there.
The password for all materials will be announced in the first lecture.
The module Brand Management gives insights into strategies and recently developed concepts in the context of brand management. Strategic and operational implications for brand management are discussed.
Topics treated in the module:
- Introduction to the fundamental terms and concepts of brand management (e.g., brand awareness, brand image, and brand engagement)
- Conceptualization and measurement of brand equity
- Importance of brands for companies and consumers, taking brand relationships into account
- Strategic options regarding the brand architecture
- Means of brand management in a digital brand environment
- The role of brand elements (e.g., name, logo, and packaging)
The aim of this module is that students are able to deal with brand management and its characteristics on a strategic and operational level.
- Univ.-Prof. Dr. Thorsten Hennig-Thurau (responsible)
- David Jütte (accompanying)
- Philo Freiboth (accompanying)