Marketing Operations (Quantitative Marketing) (SoSe 2022)
|Tuesday||14:00- 16:00||weekly||24.05.2022- 12.07.2022||Fürstenberghaus, F1|
|Wednesday||12:00- 14:00||weekly||25.05.2022- 13.07.2022||Aula am Aasee, Aula am Aasee|
|Friday||10:00- 12:00||weekly||27.05.2022- 15.07.2022||Schlossplatz 46, H 1|
|Friday||10:00- 12:00||single date||24.06.2022||Schloss, S 10|
Detailed course outline. (tba)
Contact person: Felix Lehmkuhle, M.Sc.
This course takes place in the second term of the summer semester.
The first Lecture will take place on (tba).
Course grade: Final exam (100 %)
Please register at the examination office for the regular examination period.
Credit points: 3 ECTS (PO BWL 2019)
During the course, please communicate and stay updated via the course page on Learnweb. Announcements, lecture slides and any additional material will be published there.
The Learnweb course remains open until the first lecture, so that enrollment without a password is possible. The password is set afterwards and the course is thus closed. The lecture materials will be released after the closing. E-mail and telephone inquiries about the password will only be answered in the case of subsequent registration.
• The password for all lecture materials will be displayed in our showcase at the MCM (Am Stadtgraben 13-15, 1. floor) from June 3 onwards and will also be announced in the first lecture. Email and telephone enquiries regarding the password will not be answered.
• A copy folder with auxiliary reading material is available at Heribert Meffert Library and will be electronically available on Learnweb.
• There will be no sample solution download for the tutorial.
• The date of the exam will determined and announced by the Prüfungsamt only.
• The exam Marketing Operations will be written in English.
• You can bring a pocket calculator and an uncommented dictionary to the exam.
• No formulary is provided in the Marketing Operations exam.
• There will be 60 points in the Marketing Operations exam.
• Individual enquiries regarding contents of the exam will not be answered.
• Elasticities for modified exponential and ADBUDG response functions do not have to be formally derived.
• As far as exam questions do not state that a specific form of elasticity is required, students are free to choose between approximate point elasticities and arc elasticities.
• All sessions (also lectures by guest speakers and practice cases) are relevant for the exam.
E-mail enquiries regarding questions covered in the FAQ-section will not be answered.
Good decision making should be based on a thorough evaluation of competing decision alternatives. In order to succeed in today´s fast moving and data-rich decision environments, business leaders must understand the art and science of decision making and transfer the implications into practice. ‘Marketing Operations’ helps to transform data into information, which allow for insights into causal structures, the strength of effects, and improved marketing decisions. The result is a better outcome and thus, increased Return on Marketing. The course emphasizes the importance of decision support systems, specifically modeling of decisions, calibration of market response models, optimization of the marketing mix, and budget allocation.
- Professor Dr. Manfred Krafft (responsible)
- Felix Lehmkuhle (accompanying)