Market-oriented Leadership (WS 2019/20)
|Tuesday||16:00- 18:00||weekly||08.10.2019- 26.11.2019||Juridicum, JUR 490|
|Tuesday||18:00- 20:00||weekly||08.10.2019- 26.11.2019||Juridicum, JUR 490|
Prerequisite: Major Marketing
This course takes place in the first term of the winter semester.
Course grade: Group work (100 %) | Please register at the examination office for the early examination period.
Credit points: 6 ECTS (PO BWL 2010)
During the course, please communicate and stay updated via the course page on Learnweb. Announcements, lecture slides and any additional material will be published there.
Background and relations to other courses:
This course teaches the fundamentals of market-oriented leadership. We discuss the conceptual foundations of market-oriented leadership and provide an overview of the three main resources a firm possesses: products/services (value equity), brands (brand equity), and customer relationships (relationship equity). We discuss the interdependencies between these resources and the impact of contextual factors on the management of the resources. One focus of the course is to highlight the impact of value, brand and relationship equity on firm performance.
Among others, the following topics are covered:
- Creating value through products and services (value equity)
- Creating brands and measuring brand performance (brand equity)
- Creating sustainable customer relationships (relationship equity)
- Impact of value, brand and relationship equity on firm performance
It is the objective of this course to enable students to discuss the concept of market-oriented leadership and the impact of market-oriented leadership on firm performance.
- apl. Professor Dr. Sonja Gensler (responsible)
- Sophie Christine Ladwein (accompanying)
- Karlo Oehring (accompanying)