Entertainment Media Marketing (WS 2019/20)
|Monday||08:00- 12:00||weekly||02.12.2019- 27.01.2020||Juridicum, JUR 490|
|Wednesday||16:00- 20:00||weekly||04.12.2019- 29.01.2020||Schloss, S 9|
Contact person: Paul-Vincent Mayr, M.A./M.F.A.
This course takes place in the second term of the winter semester. It consists of a lecture (Wednesday) and a tutorial (Monday).
Please note: Exceptionally, the first tutorial will be on Tuesday Dec 10, 4 pm – 8 pm. The dates for the remaining (Monday) tutorials will be announced in the lecture.
Course grade: Group work (33%) | Final exam (90 min) (67%)
Please register at the examination office for the regular examination period.
Credit points: 6 ECTS (BWL PO 2010)
Please note: Students are recommended to attend ”Media Marketing” prior to this course. However, participation in the ”Media Marketing” lecture is not a prerequisite.
During the course, please communicate and stay updated via the course page on Learnweb. Announcements, lecture slides and any additional material will be published there.
The password for all materials will be announced in the first lecture.
The module Entertainment Media Marketing deals with the particularities of Entertainment Media products, which are mainly consumed for hedonic benefits. In the module, we take both the consumers’ and the managers’ perspective by focusing on aspects such as hedonic consumption, branding and communication.
Topics treated in the module:
- The role of emotions, imagery, and multisensory cues
- Factors influencing the success of hedonic media products
- The importance of brands for entertainment media product success
- The role of communication and information in hedonic media marketing: Cascades, Word of Mouth, and Third-Party Information
The aim of this module is that students understand the theoretical and practical implications of managing entertainment media products and are able to steer marketing activities accordingly.
- Dr. Ann-Kristin Kupfer (responsible)
- Univ.-Prof. Dr. Thorsten Hennig-Thurau (responsible)
- Paul-Vincent Mayr (accompanying)