Customer Relationship Management and Direct Marketing (WS 2018/19)
|Tuesday||16:00- 18:00||weekly||27.11.2018- 29.01.2019||Juridicum, JUR 490|
|Monday||09:00- 18:00||single date||03.12.2018|
|Saturday||09:00- 18:00||single date||08.12.2018|
|Monday||09:00- 18:00||single date||14.01.2019|
Contact person: Jonas Schmidt, M.Sc.
This course takes place in the second term of the winter semester.
Please register at the examination office for the regular examination period.
Credit points: 6 ECTS (PO BWL 2010)
During the course, please communicate and stay updated via the course page on Learnweb. Announcements, lecture slides and any additional material will be published there.
The password for all lecture materials will be displayed in our showcase at the MCM (Am Stadtgraben 13-15, 1st floor) four weeks prior to the first lecture and will also be given in the first lecture. Email and telephone enquiries regarding the password will not be answered.
The course is limited to a maximum of 30 participants. If more than 30 people want to attend the course, the course leaders will make a selection. Interested students have to send a current CV, a short letter of motivation and a transcript of records to Jonas Schmidt (firstname.lastname@example.org) by November 11th at the latest. Students for whom the course is mandatory will be preferred.
Content and learning objectives
The module covers aspects for developing and designing value-adding relationships between customers and companies. Thereby, conceptual and methodical basics of customer relationship management (CRM/Customer Management) and direct marketing (DiMa) are presented. During the course students deal with current topics, concepts, and instruments of customer management and work on those in detail in a group assignment, which they present in front of the class and an expert panel. The participants receive a comprehensive overview of the planning, management, implementation, and controlling of customer relationship and direct marketing activities. In addition, the participants acquire knowledge, experience, and impulses in the three key competencies for successful CRM and DiMa: Expertise, statistics competence, and IT/data competence. The module consists of three teaching and learning formats (lectures, speed research, case study) and follows an interactive approach.
The following topics are, among others, covered in the course:
- Introduction, overview, basics, and methods of CRM and DiMa
- Concepts and tools of CRM and DiMa (customer experience management, journey mapping, lift, RFM, CLV, campaign control, personas, segmentation, CHAID etc.)
- Interaction of customer management and direct marketing
- Scope, management and controlling in CRM and DiMa
The aim of the course is to give students a profound and progressive understanding of customer relationship management and direct marketing. Thereby, it focuses on opportunities and challenges in data-driven companies.
- Students are able to evaluate customers using a variety of methods (customer lifetime value (CLV), recency, frequency, monetary value (RFM)).
- Students are able to plan and conduct direct marketing campaigns.
- Students learn how to handle data available in companies (legal, methodical, strategic).
Soft skills and key qualifications:
- Cooperation and collaboration: Some of the tasks consist of group work.
- Presentation techniques: the tasks must be presented in front of the course.
- Communication skills: fast capturing, processing, and preparing of content as well as the ad hoc presentation and discussion of it within the scope of the Speed Research Day.
- Professor Dr. Manfred Krafft (responsible)
- Dr. Jonas Schmidt (accompanying)