Brand Management (SS 2017)
|Tuesday||14:00- 18:00||weekly||13.06.2017- 25.07.2017||Juridicum, JUR 2|
|Monday||14:00- 18:00||weekly||19.06.2017- 24.07.2017||Juridicum, JUR 2|
Contact person: Dipl.-Soz. Utz Riehl
This course takes place in the second term of the summer semester. It consists of a lecture (Tuesday) and a tutorial (Monday).
The dates for the tutorial will be announced in the first lecture. There will be no tutorial in the first week of the second term.
Course grade: Group work (33%) | Final exam (90 min) (67%)
Please register at the examination office for the regular examination period.
Credit points: 6 ECTS (BWL PO 2010)
During the course, please communicate and stay updated via the course page on Learnweb. Announcements, lecture slides and any additional material will be published there.
The password for all materials will be announced in the first lecture.
The module Brand Management gives insights into strategies and recently developed concepts in the context of brand management. Strategic and operational implications for brand management are discussed.
Topics treated in the module:
- Introduction to the fundamental terms and concepts of brand management (e.g., brand awareness, brand image, and brand engagement)
- Conceptualization and measurement of brand equity
- Importance of brands for companies and consumers, taking brand relationships into account
- Strategic options regarding the brand architecture
- Means of brand management in a digital brand environment
- The role of brand elements (e.g., name, logo, and packaging)
The aim of this module is that students are able to deal with brand management and its characteristics on a strategic and operational level.
- Dr. Ann-Kristin Kupfer (responsible)
- Univ.-Prof. Dr. Thorsten Hennig-Thurau (responsible)
- Dipl.-Soz. Utz Riehl (accompanying)