Information on the coronavirus provided by the MCM
We will continue to answer the most pressing questions that result from how the spread of the coronavirus affects your studies at the MCM.
Please note that only the statements of the following institutions are legally binding and obligatory though:
FAQ of the MCM
Dates of seminars, lectures, tutorials offered by the MCM
Where can I find the current dates of MCM seminars and courses?
You can find the dates for the current semester as well as for the upcoming winter semester in the course catalogue LSF and on the MCM homepage. All other course specific information can be found on Learnweb.
All exam dates and locations can be found on the website of the Examination Office. Please contact your course supervisor if you have detailed questions about the implementation in your course.
In general, the following periods are valid for the upcoming semester:
- Official start of semester: April 1, 2021
- Start of lectures: April 12, 2021
- 1st term from April 12 until May 30, 2021
- 2nd term from May 31 until July 23, 2021
- End of lectures: July 23, 2021
How do the courses of the semester take place?
Please note that all lectures by the Marketing Center on both the BSc and MSc level will take place digitally at least till Pentecost, predominantly via Zoom. It depends on the overall regulations whether and to what extent teaching units for our lectures, exercises, tutorials and seminars will be possible in presence during the second half of the summer semester. As soon as these decisions have been taken we will inform you right away.
Please note that also the current schedules may be subject to short-term changes if restrictions are relaxed or tightened. Any changes will be announced on Learnweb.
Information on the use of Zoom: Detailed instructions for the use and the applications in the courses are shared via the respective course supervisors on Learnweb. General information about the software Zoom can also be found on the homepage of the WWU IT.
Registration for exams, exam dates, inspection etc.
Where can I find the current exam dates and registration periods?
Please check the homepage of the Examination Office regularly – there you will find the current exam dates and registration periods for the semester.
As of today, we expect the following examination periods:
Early examination period summer term 2021
The early examinations will take place from May 25 until May 29, 2021 (if necessary also on Fridays and Saturdays before: May 8, May 15, May 22, 2021).
Regular examination period summer term 2021
The regular examinations will take place from July 26 until August 13, 2021 (if necessary also on the Saturday before: July 24, 2021).
Which examination forms and modalities will apply for the current semester?
Please visit the homepage of the Examination Office for more information.
Theses at the MCM
I am expected to pick up the topic of my project/ seminar/bachelor or master thesis within the next weeks. What do I have to consider?
As a result of the current health and hygiene requirements, the MCM building and the Heribert Meffert Library will remain closed until further notice. Only MCM employees (including student assistants) will have access.
We therefore follow the procedure of the last months:
The registration form (“Leitkarte”) with your topic and the name of your supervisor will be sent to you by the respective chair/institute (secretary's office or supervisor) as a PDF document via e-mail on the day of pick up.
You must sign the card and return it to the sender within 24 hours via e-mail (please send us a scan or a photo).
- The original registration form can be submitted once the situation allows this again, i.e. when the MCM building is accessible for students again.
- Important: All pick-ups between 16.12.2020 and 31.01.2021 will be treated as if they are picked up on 01.02.2021 to avoid disadvantages. All students who are affected will be informed via e-mail.
- As of today, all thesis with pick-up date from 01.02.2021 onwards will have regular submission deadlines.
I am currently writing a project/ seminar/ bachelor or master thesis. Is my supervision ensured, and how?
Your supervision is ensured; it will mainly be provided by telephone, digital platforms or e-mail. Please discuss specific appointments with your supervisor via e-mail.
For my thesis I need books from the Meffert Library, which - in contrast to the ULB - is still closed. What can I do?
Please contact your supervisor directly or the library staff. In general, you can arrange a borrowing.
Is there a possibility to extend my writing period as a result of the current situation?
- As of today, all thesis with pick-up date from 01.02.2021 onwards will have regular submission deadlines. Please check the Examination Office for further information.
I will hand in my project/ seminar/ bachelor or master thesis within the next weeks. What do I have to do?
- Students must submit their work in printed format. The date stamp on the envelope is the valid date of submission.
- Personal submission: Students can also use the WWU mailbox (address: Am Schlossplatz 2, 48143 Münster) in case the (small) MCM mailbox (address: Am Stadtgraben 13-15, 48143 Münster) is full. To make it easier for the university´s staff to distribute your thesis internally, please label it with the MCM address in both cases.
- Postal submission: please use the MCM address (same as before).
- A personal submission is not recommended.
- If you have any questions, please contact your supervisor.
Pick up of documents (certificates etc.)
I need an important certificate/document. How can I get this?
The MCM building remains closed and will be accessible only to university employees (including student assistants); the entrance door will be locked (see above). If you have a specific enquiry regarding your studies, please contact the person in charge or the secretary of the respective chair/institute by telephone or e-mail. In several situations, it is now sufficient for students to send required documents electronically only and submit paper versions at a later point. Please check with the Examination office whether this applies to your particular case.
What happens to my course planning if events are rescheduled and I cannot attend them?
If you need support to schedule your studies in Marketing, the contact person for the Master's coordination, Ms. Janina Wiebringhaus, will help you with further planning.
Who can I contact if I have any questions?
If you have any questions regarding the course and event planning of the MCM, please contact the contact person of the Master Coordination, Ms. Janina Wiebringhaus.