Information on the coronavirus provided by the MCM
We will continue to answer the most pressing questions that result from how the spread of the coronavirus affects your studies at the MCM.
Please note that only the statements of the following institutions are legally binding and obligatory though:
FAQ of the MCM
Dates of seminars, lectures, tutorials offered by the MCM
Where can I find the current dates of MCM seminars and courses?
You can find all dates in the course catalogue LSF and on the MCM homepage. All other course specific information can be found on Learnweb.
All exam dates and locations can be found on the website of the Examination Office. Please contact your course supervisor if you have detailed questions about the implementation in your course.
In general, the following periods are valid for the winter semester:
- Official start of semester: October 1, 2021
- Start of lectures: October 11, 2021
- 1st term from October 11 until November 28, 2021
- 2nd term from November 29 until February 4, 2022
- End of lectures: February 4, 2022
How do the courses of the winter semester take place?
The winter semester 2021/22 is a semester in which attendance is the norm. In addition, courses will also be accompanied digitally (as seen before during the COVID-19 pandemic). All information on courses and individual dates can be found in your course catalogue.
The WWU has checked the course rooms with regard to the room air and has made an assessment for each room. In some rooms the number of people in the room has been reduced, in some other rooms fans have been installed. Therefore, please inform yourself in the course catalogue for any relocations of courses.
Which infection control measures apply?
- Masks are compulsory in all buildings and face-to-face lectures. A medical mask must be worn.
- If the occupancy of the room allows a minimum distance of one and a half metres between the participants or if only immunised (vaccinated or recovered) persons meet, the mask can be removed at the discretion of the lecturer.
- Access to buildings and lecture rooms of the Westfälische Wilhelms-University is only permitted to those students and external persons who have a 3G certificate. Students who do not have a 3G certificate cannot participate in the course. They will not be admitted to courses in person.
- Students who are not vaccinated or recovered must present a valid (currently no older than 24 hours) proof of testing (antigen test or PCR test certified by approved laboratory) prior to each class. Self-testing without certified confirmation is not sufficient.
Registration for exams, exam dates, inspection etc.
Where can I find the current exam dates and registration periods?
Please check the homepage of the Examination Office regularly – there you will find the current exam dates and registration periods for the semester.
As of today, we expect the following examination periods:
Early examination period winter term 2021/2022
The early examinations will take place from December 16 until December 23, 2021 (if necessary also on Fridays and Saturdays before: December 04, December 10, December 11, 2021).
Regular examination period winter term 2021/2022
The regular examinations will take place from February 07 to February 25, 2022 (if necessary also on the Saturday before: February 05, 2022).
Which examination forms and modalities will apply for the current semester?
Examinations in both examination periods are scheduled in attendance.
Please contact the respective course instructor for more information.
According to the current state, the facilitated free attempt and withdrawal regulations of the past three semesters will not be continued, as the corresponding state regulation is expiring. Only examinations that can still be assigned to one of the three previous semesters (i.e. repeat examinations) count into the free attempt regulation. Please contact the Examinations Office for more information.
Theses at the MCM
I am expected to pick up the topic of my project/ seminar/bachelor or master thesis within the next weeks. What do I have to consider?
As a result of the current health and hygiene requirements, the MCM building will remain closed until further notice. Only MCM employees (including student assistants) will have access. Exceptions are courses that are held at the Marketing Center.
We therefore follow the procedure of the last months:
The registration form (“Leitkarte”) with your topic and the name of your supervisor will be sent to you by the respective chair/institute (secretary's office or supervisor) as a PDF document via e-mail on the day of pick up.
You must sign the card and return it to the sender within 24 hours via e-mail (please send us a scan or a photo).
- The original registration form can be submitted once the situation allows this again, i.e. when the MCM building is accessible for students again.
I am currently writing a project/ seminar/ bachelor or master thesis. Is my supervision ensured, and how?
Your supervision is ensured; it will mainly be provided by telephone, digital platforms or e-mail. Please discuss specific appointments with your supervisor via e-mail.
For my thesis I need books from the Heribert Meffert Library, has it been reopened?
The Heribert Meffert Library has reopened as of October 11, 2021.
Access to the library will only be granted via the "3G" rule and only a limited number of seats can be provided.
Therefore, please note the following:
Digital proof of complete vaccination or recovery status (e.g., Corona Alert or CovPass app) or a current negative test result (not older than 24 hours) must be provided.
Please send a brief email to the team (email@example.com) if you would like to make a reservation during the new opening hours.
Monday - Friday: 9 am - 12 pm & 2 pm - 5 pm
Is there a possibility to extend my writing period as a result of the current situation?
- As of today, all thesis with pick-up date from 01.02.2021 onwards will have regular submission deadlines. Please check the Examination Office for further information.
- Supervision is ensured.
I will hand in my project/ seminar/ bachelor or master thesis within the next weeks. What do I have to do?
- Students must submit their work in printed format. The date stamp on the envelope is the valid date of submission.
- Personal submission: Students can also use the WWU mailbox (address: Am Schlossplatz 2, 48143 Münster) in case the (small) MCM mailbox (address: Am Stadtgraben 13-15, 48143 Münster) is full. To make it easier for the university´s staff to distribute your thesis internally, please label it with the MCM address in both cases.
- Postal submission: please use the MCM address (same as before).
- A personal submission is not recommended.
- If you have any questions, please contact your supervisor.
Pick up of documents (certificates etc.)
I need an important certificate/document. How can I get this?
The MCM building remains closed and will be accessible only to university employees (including student assistants); the entrance door will be locked (see above). If you have a specific enquiry regarding your studies, please contact the person in charge or the secretary of the respective chair/institute by telephone or e-mail. In several situations, it is now sufficient for students to send required documents electronically only and submit paper versions at a later point. Please check with the Examination office whether this applies to your particular case.
What happens to my course planning if events are rescheduled and I cannot attend them?
If you need support to schedule your studies in Marketing, the contact person for the Master's coordination will help you with further planning.
Who can I contact if I have any questions?
If you have any questions regarding the course and event planning of the MCM, please contact the contact person for the Master's coordination.