The Marketing Center Münster offers you up-to-date, hands-on, and internationally- as well as practice-oriented teaching covering every aspect of marketing at one of Germany’s leading universities. We set great store by our students' personal development, encourage them to exercise their critical faculties, and enable them to participate constructively in academic debates about marketing.
One degree, many possibilities
Germany’s first marketing destination: Founded in 1969 by Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. mult. Heribert Meffert the chair of marketing at the MCM was the first marketing institution at a German university. Since then top tier marketing education and Münster are often named synonymously. In the last 50 years Münster’s marketing center substantially grew and is now hosting the third generation of successful, dedicated, and internationally recognized marketing experts and scholars. Since it’s foundation the marketing center successfully qualified more than 10,000 marketing professionals.
Wide variety of top scholars: The marketing center today employs eight marketing professors. All of them are highly recognized within the scientific community and true experts in their own domain. Each of them covers different topics from direct marketing to B2B marketing, from big data and artificial intelligence in marketing to marketing return on invest measurement, from media and entertainment marketing to marketing digitalization and innovation management. All of them are passionate about bringing latest marketing research knowledge straight to the classroom, so that you are prepared for the future challenges in permanently changing marketing world.
- Practice-oriented teaching: Although marketing problems are viewed from different angles in each department at the MCM, we all have one goal in common: market-oriented management in the digital age. That is why the purpose of the lectures is to set up links between theoretical knowledge and current issues relating to the business world, e.g. by guest talks from practitioners, workshops or seminars in cooperation with practice partners.
- International experience: Next to all our lectures being held in English, we regularly invite guest professors from internationally renowned universities to teach at the MCM. In addition, we offer numerous exchange programs with partner universities all over the world. At the moment, you can apply for a spot at over 125 partner universities.
- Wide range of combination possibilities: As a student with a major (main subject) in marketing, you can additionally choose between different minors (subsidiary subjects) to adapt your studies to your individual interests and abilities. In case you want to pursue a full major in marketing, you can choose marketing also as a minor. Otherwise, options include accounting, economics, entrepreneurship, finance, information systems, management or research.
- Talent promotion: Be more than just a number! The Circle of Excellence in Marketing (CEM) is a 1-year talent program for outstanding marketing students at the University of Münster, University of Cologne and FU Berlin. It is specifically designed to prepare students for interesting management tasks in internationally operating companies. Students participating in the CEM have, among other things, the possibility to participate in workshops of partner companies.
- Lifelong relationship: Student for a few years, alumnus for life! Already during your studies you have the chance to become part in the Marketing Alumni Münster association which was founded in 1989 and is a network built up by the Marketing Center from the University's School of Business and Economics. It is a community where alumni, current students, non-professorial academic staff members and professors at the Marketing Center Münster can maintain contact and exchange experiences, e.g. at the annually held Münster Marketing Symposium.
Become a part of the MCM
You can Apply until August 20, 2020, for your master studies in business administration with a major in marketing. Please make sure to have the following documents at hand and to consult our Checklist for further information:
- Transcript of records
- Curriculum vitae
- University entrance certificate
- Letter of motivation